Greek Chicken Bowl
These are the perfect after workout meal for 80 Day obsession! I will be making these a ton throughout the 13 weeks. This recipe equates to 1 1/2 red, 1 yellow, 1 green, 1 spoon.
1/4 cup olive oil
3 Tbs garlic, minced (Note, adjust to preference)
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1 Tbs red wine vinegar
1 Tbs dried oregano
1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1/3 cup lemon juice
2 Tbs olive oil
1 Tbs red wine vinegar
1/2 Tbs minced garlic
1/2 tsp dried oregano
2 cartons of cherry tomatoes, halved.
1 English cucumber, finely diced
1 Tbs minced garlic
1/2 Tbs dill weed, or 1 Tbs fresh dill, chopped fine
1 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
1/2 tsp chopped fresh mint (optional)
Salt and pepper to tasteThe Rest
3 cups cooked brown rice
- In a large plastic zip bag, combine olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, oregano, greek yogurts and salt and pepper. Massage to mix.
- Add chicken into the bag.
- Massage to make sure chicken is full covered and marinate for at least 20 minutes, up to 12 hours.
- Drain the chicken from the marinade, discarding the marinade.
- I cooked mine in the sauce in the Instant pot for 8 minutes…OR you can do In a skillet, heat some olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken when it is hot, and cook, flipping part way through. Cook approximately 3-4 minutes per side. Cooking time depends on thickness and size of the chicken. Cook until internal temp is 165 degrees.
- Remove from pan or pot, and let cool.
- Once cool, cut into bite sized pieces. Just make sure you let it cool, or all the juice will run out.
- Meanwhile, make cucumber salad by chunking the cucumbers, and tossing in a bowl with the lemon juice, olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, and oregano. Set aside
- Make tzatziki sauce by combining the Greek yogurt, cucumber, garlic, dill weed, lemon juice, lemon zest in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper. And add mint (optional)
- Refrigerate while assembling your bowls.
- Cook brown rice according to package directions. When finished cooking, divide between meal prep containers, 1/2 cup in each container, add to cucumber salad. Divide amongst the bowls.
- Top with chicken, cucumber salad, and some tzatziki sauce.
- Keep for 3- 5 days in airtight container, serve hot or cold!
I have Virtual Challenges starting weekly and monthly so PLEASE contact me and lets chat!
With 2 little ones, I couldn’t make it to the gym anymore, but my workouts have always been my sanity, my non-negotiable do I had to figure out another way.
6 years ago I found it…and I’m never looking back!💗